- This site is on its own about one kilometer away from the main campground at Mile-2.
- This site accommodates about eight RV units with additional room for tenters and extra vehicles.
- This site is in a clearing above the lake, with lakefront access by a wooden staircase.
- There is no boat launch at this site, but a boat can be launched at Mile-2 and then tied up or anchored at the group site
- There are two picnic tables, one outhouse facility, one designated fire pit, and its own gate at this site
- A “group” consists of a minimum of five vehicle camping units. Each vehicle camping unit pays the unit price of $12 per night.
- The group leader should first come to Mile 2 campground to find the site hosts and receive access to the group site.
- There is a campfire restriction to one designated fire pit only. Propane fire pits are encouraged as an alternative. By provincial regulation effective July 1, 2010 a campfire cannot exceed 1/2 meter by 1/2 meter in size.
- Take out what you bring in. There are no garbage facilities on site.
- Check-in/check-out is at noon.
Frank’s Store at the intersection of Highway 6 and Sugar Lake Road: N 50 14.750, W 118 39.710
Sugar Lake Bridge: N 50 21.250, W 118 32.240
Forest Service Road Intersection: N 50 21.650, W 118 32.320
Entrance to the Campground: N 50 22.430, W 118 31.730
Right-click here to download printable driving directions.
- From Vernon, drive 50 km east on Highway #6 to Frank’s Tempo Gas Station at Cherryville on the corner of #6 and Sugar Lake Road.
- Turn left (north) onto Sugar Lake Road and go 17 kms to Sugar Lake. The last few kilometers are well kept gravel. Stay on Sugar Lake Road to the lake. You will pass Kate Creek Road on your right as you approach the lake. Continue downhill to the one-lane bridge.
- Cross the one-lane bridge, and at the end of the bridge set your odometer to zero. You will see a private lakefront development on your right – do not turn in here.
- Take the higher road called Sugar Lake Forest Service Road – Mile 0.
- At 0.7km the road Y’s – take the right-hand lower road. The lake is on the right side and you will pass the Davis Forestry Camp.
- The group site is located at the next curve on the right side with signage and a silver rail gate.