The sites on the east side of the lake at Sugar Creek are accessed from Kate Creek Forest Service Road and not suitable for large RVs because of the 17-km drive in on a narrow logging road and also because there are only 10 sites that will accommodate larger RVs, but it is beautiful for tenters and/or smaller RV units.
Directions to Sugar Creek Recreation Sites (east side of the lake for smaller units and tenting)
- Coming up Sugar Lake Road, turn right onto Kate Creek Forest Service Road before you cross the one-lane bridge at Sugar Lake. Set your odometer to zero at this junction.
- At Km-2, you will cross the Outlet Creek Bridge.
- At Km-2.6, stay left (cattle guard at Outlet Creek Road on the right)
- At Km-3.6, stay left at Vidler Road Junction
- At Km-11.4, you will pass the bridge over the Sitcom River
- At Km.13, you head up the very steep Sitcom Inlet Climb. This is a one-lane narrow roadway. Go slowly!
- At Km-14.4, stay right (The left fork goes to the Hot Rocks site and is very steep and narrow and bumpy; there is a better access to Hot Rocks)
- At Km-14.7 take the lower left fork into the Recreation Site at the Sugar Creek signage.
- At Km-16 and 16.5, there is a recent cut block on the right side
- At Km-16.7, turn left at the signage “Sugar Creek Recreation Site” before crossing a bridge.
- At Km-17.3, you will find the Host Site with helpful information
Download a printable version of the site map